Use today and tomorrow to get ready for the big day.
You have made your plan, the menu is ready, the guests are invited and now it’s down to the cooking. Follow these last steps for a no-rush Thanksgiving you can enjoy.
- Time to thaw the turkey – in the refrigerator.
- Have you made your stuffing bread yet? If not, make it tonight.
- Go grocery shopping if you haven’t already.
- Make anything you can ahead; like Spiced Cranberry Persimmon Sauce, salads, etc.
- Are you roasting vegetables for Thanksgiving dinner? Now is a good time to peel and cut them. Store in plastic bags in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Pies! Purchase or bake tonight or tomorrow.
- If making sourdough bread, make sure your starter has been well-fed. I will be making this easy sourdough recipe, Best Ever Sourdough Oatmeal Bread.
- Pick up the kitchen and dining room so everything is ready on Thursday.
- Enjoy yourself!
May you all have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Watch for our Best Gifts Lists on Small Business Saturday; the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Did you miss our other No-Rush Thanksgiving Planning tips? Check them now: