Vegetable Bean Soup
Use your canned, frozen, or dried vegetables to make this easy – but satisfying vegetable bean soup. Even the kids will slurp it up!
- 1 small shallot diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 Tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 1/4 cup Israeli cous cous optional
- 1 14 ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
Saute shallot, celery, and garlic until soft.
Add water, tomato puree, carrots, and seasoning. Bring to a boil.
Add cous cous if using.
Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients. Heat through, about 15 more minutes.
Serve topped with grated cheese, pesto, or a drizzle of olive oil