Israeli Chopped Salad
This mixed vegetable salad, also known as Middle Eastern Salad or Mediterranean Chopped Salad, is sure to make your "favorites" list!
- 1 English cucumber unpeeled
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 each green, yellow, and red bell peppers
- 4 scallions, sliced optional
- 1 small daikon radish or celery root
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- Kalamata olives as many or few as you prefer
- 2 Tablespoons capers rinsed
- 1 avocado chopped or sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
Dice cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper and radish into ¼ inch pieces. Combine vegetables in a large bowl with the parsley, scallions, olives and capers. Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat all the vegetables.Gently toss salad with chopped avocado.Serve immediately, although salad keeps well in refrigerator for up to 2 days.