What do you get when you combine rolled oats, chocolate and butterscotch chips, and coffee granules? A moist, far-from-boring, oatmeal cookie!
There is nothing like a chewy oatmeal cookie. Not too sweet, not too hard, a good oatmeal cookie can be served equally well as a snack or breakfast!
But sadly, oatmeal cookies are often turned into overly dry, boring cookies – full of hard raisins and perhaps a few nuts.
But today; on Day FOUR of 12 Days of Baking Challenge, we have cookie that is soft with complex flavor. Use any combination of chocolate and butterscotch chips. Don’t be tempted to leave out the coffee granules. They enhance the butterscotch flavor. The cookies are a bit delicate, but will no doubt be gobbled up quickly.
12 Days of Baking Challenge
I may have bitten off more than I can chew – or bake – but please join me; for one day, three days, or all 12 days! We are baking something different each day between now and December 24th. It can be anything you want; sweet or savoy. You can try today’s recipe, or something else. Get more details here.
Please send along a picture of your creation, along with a link to the recipe if you like, and I will post as many photos as I can. Or, post your own on Instagram with the hashtag #STPbakingchallenge. Happy baking!
- 6 Tablespoons softened butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup butterscotch morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Add milk and beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, coffee granules, and rolled oats. Add to butter mixture.
- Stir together. Add chocolate and butterscotch chips. Stir until well combined.
- Drop by Tablespoonfuls onto greased or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool on wire racks.
- Makes 2 dozen.
What are you baking during these 12 Days of Baking Challenge? So far, we have made:
Day One: Cranberry Orange Biscotti
Day Two: White Fruitcake
Day Three: Blood Orange-Blueberry Muffins