Canning, freezing, and other creative ways to keep enjoying your garden tomatoes all year long.
1. If you have LOTS of tomatoes to handle, why not make your own fresher, healthier catsup? Find the step-by-step instructions on the Pick Your Own site.
2. On the other hand, if you don’t want to do all that work, make my Lazy Woman’s Canned Tomatoes, which is really an easy tomato puree.
4. Now might be the time to try making tomato jam. There are so many great recipes on the Punk Domestics site, I couldn’t choose just one! Should I make the Golden Tomato Jam with Ginger first, or maybe the Spiced Tomato Jam, or………….
5. If September has brought you cooler days and lots of green tomatoes don’t despair. Wash, chop and freeze the tomatoes or make Best Ever Green Enchilada Sauce and freeze the sauce.
6. If you are partial to tomato juice you’ll find everything you need to make your own at Mother Earth News.
7. Sometimes there aren’t quite enough tomatoes to process, but too many to eat. That means it’s time to make Roasted Cherry Tomatoes.
8. I personally looooooove dried tomatoes in oil. Here’s how to make your own, safely.
9. And let’s not forget everyone’s favorite – Salsa!
10. Of course, there is nothing like canning whole tomatoes. Canned tomatoes from the garden are like opening a jar of summer on a cold winter’s day.
How do you preserve your excess tomatoes?