When the pandemic started, we turned our efforts to sourdough and baking. But 2021 turned sour – as in pickles!
It’s always interesting to take a look back and review the year. For me personally, 2021 was a busy year filled with writing two books, followed by a serious health issue. Thus, I didn’t add as many new posts to the site as usual. But some old posts became even more popular!
It was the year that you made pickles! And a few other things, but many of the most popular posts are about pickles and pickling. Oddly, I made fewer pickles than ever before in 2021, as my cucumbers barely produced due to our locally weird weather.
Website Favorite Posts 2021
- Cherry Tomato Salsa
- Sweet Pickles from Ripe Cucumbers
- Which Vinegar to Use When Pickling
- Best Ever Sourdough Oatmeal Bread
- Non-Reactive Pots and Pickling
- How to Make Homemade Peach and Other Fruit Vinegar
- How to Dry Vegetables in the Oven
- Pea Salad Recipe without Bacon
- What to do with Large, Ripe Cucumbers
- Quick and Easy Mango Syrup Recipe
There’s definitely a theme there, but my newsletter favorite posts were entirely different. Newsletter subscribers were busy experimenting with several homesteading skills during 2021.
Newsletter Favorite Posts 2021
- Sourdough Ciabatta Bread
- Best Gifts for Gardeners, Food Preservers, and Makers
- Making Soap from Slivers
- Mediterranean White Bean Salad Recipe
- Best Meyer Lemon Marmalade with Honey
- Mixes in a Jar Book Announcement
- Socially Distant Holiday Gift Ideas 2020
- Homemade Herb Crackers
- Vegan Mulligatawny Soup
I love digging into data and I was on a roll! Which caused me to ponder, “I wonder which posts were the least favorite?” It was a bit surprising.
Posts Looking for Love 2021
- Battle with Bindweed – am I the only one who fights this fight?
- Spirited Apricot Cherry Butter – one of my all-time favorite fruit butter recipes
- Is Your Kitchen Ready for Coronavirus? – back when we naively thought it was going to be a two-week thing
- 5 Reasons to Plant a Backyard Garden This Year – or any year!
- Make Your Own Tea Mixes – I still don’t do this enough
- Have a Food Safe Memorial Day Picnic – how to keep from getting food poisoning!
- Collectable Canning Jars – maybe everyone has followed Marie Kondo’s advice and cleaned out their extra jars?