Or….What do you do with overcooked jam?!
I am so fortunate to have two very clever daughters-in-law. Those “boys” may have given me grey hair, but they sure did choose wonderful partners.
A couple of years ago I made several batches of cherry jam. Some of it was overcooked. Not to the point that it tasted burnt, but enough so that it was thick and impossible to spread on bread with peanut butter. One of the daughters turned two jars into this creative chicken dish. She cooks for 8 every night, so tasty and simple is always a bonus. And this recipe is a good way to turn something savory a little bit sweet.
As you can see in the photo, it was served over rice with green beans and baby carrots as sides.
This photo was taken with her phone, but she is also an amazing photographer. Check out her website, Sei Bella Photography.
And if you are wondering what to do with your overcooked jam, or have other canning questions, download your copy of The Confident Canner today.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 jars cherry jam (Amanda used 1 jar cherry marmalade and 1 jar cherry-lime jam)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 med onion, chopped
- 2 TBSP minced garlic in the crock pot on low for 4 hours
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or until done.
- Serve over rice.