- Pamper yourself during the coronavirus outbreak with easy, comfort food casseroles.
- Easy ham and egg recipe perfect for Easter brunch or dinner.
- A filling and nutritious casserole to please the whole family.
The last few weeks have been crazy, haven’t they? Like all of you, I have been planning creative meals around whatever is in the cupboard, downloading patterns to make masks (luckily, I always have a plethora of fabric scraps in the sewing room), and diligently working on finishing my newest book – which should be ready soon. Since the whole family is staying in their individual homes, it will just be the two of us here for Easter dinner. So, I will make something easy and creative, like this ham and egg comfort food casserole.
This is another one of those recipes that can be made quickly, and using either ham or a veggie ham product. I use Yves Veggie Bacon whenever I can find it, as it has the most ham like flavor without actually being meat.
Serve this bake for brunch or dinner, not just at Easter, along with steamed asparagus, and some homemade cranberry sauce.
Sunday Brunch Ham and Eggs: Comfort Food Casserole
- 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- 1 1/2 cups frozen hash brown potato shreds
- 2 cups chopped, cooked ham or veggie ham
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded smoked gouda or other smoked cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Layer hash brown potatoes and ham in baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, onion, and cheese. Gently pour over potatoes and ham.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Sunday Brunch Ham and Eggs is adapted from my cookbook, I Want My Dinner Now!
It’s an oldie but a goodie. In it you will find this recipe written for both 2 servings and 6 servings, along with several other comfort food casseroles, what to keep in the pantry, stove-top dinners, and one-pot meals.
I only have one box of copies left so get your copy before they are gone – purchase over on my Etsy site.